Friday, May 16, 2008

Why do people bug me? (a little venting session)

I'm sitting in a meeting at work and I'm thinking about this topic. The room has about a dozen people in it and we're listening to a conference call. There's one participant in the meeting who regularly rubs me the wrong way. The word 'muzzle' comes to mind. Just a big SHHHHHH might do it, but probably not.

I think I'm bugged by people who act like they know everything when they don't. I'm a bit of a know-it-all myself, but in my line of work, I'm regularly reminded (and long ago accepted the fact) that I clearly do not know everything. I cannot do the work of those I manage - not even close - I depend on them completely. I wish others would accept the fact that they don't know everything either and just hush.

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Oh Shelly, I had to smile and giggle a little. I immediately thought of PMS...it's a running joke with 5 women in our household! Ha!!

Kim said...

Ha Shelly you are so funny! Like you, sometimes people just bug me, for that very same reason. And blogging is definately for venting...Enjoy.

Marty (Papa) Farmer said...

Boy, I guess some of you ole Uncle Marty must have rubbed off onto you. Maybe it was back just after you where born, as I was one of the first to hold you when you came home from the hospital. HA!

Shannon said...

Don't worry Shelly, I told Alan to shush. :)

ps. I found your blog! And I like it.