I made it in today and had an old silver filling removed and replaced with a white filling and I had the gum graft done. The shots in the roof of my mouth were the hardest part of the day. I did leave with a funny story though...
They asked if I wanted the pig nose for laughing gas. I normally don't because it gives me a headache, but with the gum graft coming, I was all for it today. (And by the way, it wasn't nearly as bad as I remembered - I kinda liked it!) In order to protect the incision on the roof of my mouth, they made a mold of my top teeth and roof before the surgery and made a plastic thingy that I can wear for protection whilst eating.
Anyway... at the very end of all of this, the gal took the pig nose off of me and I stood up to leave. She asked me if I wanted the mold they made of my top teeth and I said no. But then, all of a sudden, I had a GREAT idea. I told the girl, "Wait! I'll take that - it will make a great, white elephant gift!" (We had our work Christmas party last month that included a white elephant gift exchange so I'm sure that's why it came to mind so quickly.) It took about 30 minutes for the nitrous oxide to wear off before I realized what a gross and terrible idea that was. Can you imagine opening another person's mouth mold as a gift?? Ewwwwwwww! So I threw it away.
Soft foods (like mashed potatoes) and liquids are my diet for the next week or so. Could be interesting. On the bright side, the doctor gave me about 20 Lortab pills. That should get me through the first day of EFY just fine!
Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
haha That's a funny story. I bet they laughed...although I doubt it's the strangest thing they've heard out of someone coming off that stuff.
My YW were talking on Sunday and are all excited about EFY registration...ohh have fun with that. ;)
Boy, I enjoyed reading that...a much needed laugh. Good luck with the mouth and EFY. Do you still go to Dr. Barry?
You funny girl! My sister tells a story of her experience with the gas too. After she got her head cleared, the DDS asked if she ever got to Houston. Of course she didn't know what he was referring to and then he explained that she talked about taking the AMTRAK to Houston while she was "out". :-)
Sorry to hear about a skin graft though. I'm curious so email me about it if you don't mind sharing. I may have to do that too someday.
With the Loritab in you, no telling what you'll do or say for EFY...are you sure you want to take that chance?! Haha!
Glad to hear you had a great visit at your dental office. The day we learned how to give nitrous to each other was by far the best day of dental school. I hate to tell you this, but nitrous has a very low solubility in blood so it stops working almost immediately after they take it off. So your terrible idea for the white elephant gift was in fact, your own terrible idea and had nothing to do with the gas. Personally, I think it would have made an excellent gift.
Post a Comment