Dar's little brother David passed away on September 6, 2007. I can't believe it has been a year. David had just turned 19 and was a freshman at BYU.I had the privilege of knowing David from the time he was born as I traveled with Dar to Rochester a few times and Dar's dad and step-mom would regularly come to Utah.
David was always a sweet kid and he always had a sweet tooth like his dad and some of his sisters. He loved juice as a toddler and he was a major candy eater. I think junk food was just a part of his regular life (like most of us). It seems to me that I heard one of his first words was fries, as in McDonald's fries.
David had many nicknames. Here are a few I'm aware of...
DEUCE
Dave

D2
Frankie
DFA
David's personality is so much fun. He and Dar are the funnier siblings (in my opinion) and they have a way with their Dad, who some find a little more on the serious side. None of us could help but bust up as we watched David Sr. wipe tears from his eyes because of something Dave or Dar had said that was absolutely cracking him up.
David was well loved by all who knew him, including me. It's hard to lose someone at such a young age and with so much ahead of him. But I'm confident that David has plenty to do. He was welcomed home by his mother and by the rest of his family who had passed on before him.
Today I pay tribute to my friend David, to my best friend Dar, and to their great family.
7 comments:
thanks.
Shelly, that was beautiful. Thanks for the reminder. It is hard to believe a year has already passed. I am so grateful for the gospel and the knowledge that their is a plan for everyone, I'm sure you are right about David being busy. I too love Dar and think she is so funny. She has a bit of a quiet spirit, but sometimes she says things that are completely hilarious when you least expect it.
What a nice post Shelly! I didn't know her brother, but I have always loved Dar. What a great person as I am sure her brother was too!
thanks for this tribute, i have been thinking about him a lot this past month. i'm going to steal the nice picture of d2 and grampa.
He's been on our hearts and minds a lot lately, as the anniversary of our loss grew closer. Thanks for your thoughts and memories. He was definitely a "sweet" boy, and I like to think that he is serving his mission now... Just as he would have been if he were still around. Thanks for your love and friendship to Dar and the whole family thru the years. :)
I enjoyed reading about Dar's brother and feel very sorry for your/her loss. I agree with what you said about his having something to do in the next life. I sincerely believe nobody is called home before it is their time.
Thanks. I really don't know what to say. I think you did him better justice than I have in the tribute. Very sweet of you to remember him and share him.- Hil
Post a Comment