Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Wonder why people think Mormons are weird?

Provo mom protests Facebook nursing policy
December 30th, 2008 @ 4:38pm

The California-based Web site took down a photo of Farley breastfeeding her daughter. So over the Christmas holiday, she organized a "nurse-in" at Facebook's Palo Alto headquarters.

Now, I'm not a mother, so perhaps I'm the weird one here, but

1. Who takes pictures of themselves nursing?
2. Who posts those pictures to PUBLIC websites?

Oh my...

4 comments:

Mimi said...

I'm with you! I nursed all 6 of mine but always with complete modesty and respect for others. I think the woman is sort of weird!

Shannon said...

I agree. When I read that I wondered just how competent she was to be a mother anyway.

Jules said...

Shelly I'm glad you said it. First of all her whole mantra is way off. All of a sudden it's ok to show your boob if a baby's head is in front of it, wow. I saw the pic on the news and they still had to make it blurry. Also if you want to post a pic on facebook, why are you hiding the baby, that's the part you ought to be showing off. Anyway I have so many opinions about this I haven't even gotten started. Lets just say this woman gives us all a bad name. Who has the time and resources to pick up and go protest when you are a new mother. She takes the cake.

Kim said...

I have to agree. Mema was just telling me about this too! Like the background paper! Funny!