Thursday, December 25, 2008

Happy Birthday David!

One score and seven years ago, when I was two, okay wait, I wasn't two. I was a little older. ANYWAY... One score and seven years ago today, I woke up on Christmas morning to an empty house. There were other kids around, maybe Jeff, maybe some of my step-sibs, but there were no adults. The adults left in the middle of the night to go to the hospital. David was ready to be born.

Try to imagine kids on Christmas morning just staring at the presents and the tree. What do you do? I think we did nothing. You can't open presents if there are no adults, can you? Mom usually makes Christmas breakfast, so are we supposed to go ahead and make our own? Frankly, I can't remember the details of what we did. Right now I'm thinking we probably watched TV (yes, we DID have TV 27 years ago, I think).

So Christopher David Carr was born on Christmas day. Strangest Christmas I've ever had. He's a strange kid. Let me prove it by showing you his current Grizzly Adams look. This is a picture of David and his wife, Shelby, last night at our little birthday celebration for David (that included red velvet cake). Oh, and by the way, Rachel, born 2 years after David, is on the phone that David is holding to his ear. David told her to smile for the picture, which she did, but unfortunately she blinked, so we needed to take a second one.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Happy Birthday David!

Jan and Larry Myers said...

Ummmm...I remember that Christmas! It was the greatest Christmas ever! And you finally unwrapped your presents and then came to the hospital to see the best present of all.

P.S. I can see Rachel smiling in the photo!