I'm sitting in the Orlando airport right now and will be here for a few hours, so I'm taking advantage of this situation to update my blog! I'm sitting next to a guy here at the airport who travels for Disney all the time. He showed me the best place to sit (most comfy) with free internet and with power for my computer. Ahhhh.... life is good.
So here are some highlights from my trip:
1. Disney is all decked out for Christmas. It's really pretty - decorations everywhere. Christmas songs heard in the hotels, on the monorail, and at the parks. Of course the songs are being sung by ducks and mice, but hey, they're still Christmas songs!
2. I got to ride the monorail all around. I stopped at Epcot and at several of the hotels, including the Polynesian (my favorite restaurant is O'Hana). Also stopped and saw the gingerbread house at one of the hotels. It is a life-size, little cottage made entirely of gingerbread. There's a lady inside the house who gives out samples of it and sells tons of other stuff (at probably outrageous prices).
3. I arrived Wednesday and Thursday morning I flooded the bathroom. I turned the bath water on and then went back to the bed to wait for it to fill up. Well, I guess I waited too long. I got up and thought I'd should check and there were literally waves of water coming out of the bathroom and down the little hall. Holy Crap! The bathtub in the hotel fills up much faster than my tub at home.
4. Today I was on the Disney Magical Express (fancy name for a bus) heading for the airport. This bus makes several stops at hotels to fill up. I had been on the bus for at least half an hour and we picked up another group of people. I had to laugh at the little boy up front. The bus was quiet (no doubt because kids and parents are exhausted), so the little boy was easy to hear. "Dad, is there bathroom on this bus?" Hahahahahahahahaha! He had just boarded the bus and already he had to go! Poor dad.
5. Maybe the thing that cracked me up the most was on the monorail the other day. Across from me (and facing me) was a mom, two little girls, and their grandma. We were riding from Epcot back to Magic Kingdom. The monorail has several poles in the center of each car so people who are standing can hold on. Well, one of the little girls started playing on the pole. She was having a great time. The mom looked at me and said, "She's practicing so she can work her way through college." Now that is some good comedy!
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my gosh! I'm dying! How funny! Sounds like something Meg would say! Laughter is good for the soul! Oh my!
How wonderful you got to experience the whole Disney thing this particular time of the year. I'm sure it must have been quite something..."out of this world".
Love the bathroom question and the pole comment. I can relate to at least the first one. Glad you had a great time. I'm sure my girls would love to hear any more stories of being there.
Last night LL told me that we should go to Disneyworld. I told her it would be very fun (then I started calculating $$$ and thought we'd need a bailout to go.) :)
Are you sure you didn't fall asleep while waiting for the tub to fill?
We've gone from a cold shower in Guyana to having 3 bathtubs in our Trinidad house. Hoorah! Hey that's a great idea...I think I'll go take a bath. Love you! Mom
Post a Comment