I do agree that having children can age a woman significantly. I guess it hasn't really dawned on me that it is happening to Dar until yesterday.
Dar and I went to the mall to shop sales on Black Friday and Jim met us for lunch. A woman from their old ward stopped at our table and talked to them. She asked about their kids and about their general well being. THEN, she looked at me and asked if I was their daughter.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! I guess Dar has really aged over the past 3 years!
(Oh and by the way, ignore any comments Dar may make about the mental state of this gal from their ward - she said what she said - and we all heard it!)
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
yow! sorry dar! lucky you shelly!
Nice try, Sparky. I guess this was too big a temptation for you.
Remember years ago when little Matt Harris asked Hilary's then boyfriend, "Chris, are you Joey's mom?" and we all giggled. For some reason that comment came to mind in this circumstance.
This gal at the mall has a few disabilities. Apparently she can't distinguish age. Perhaps she was just blinded by Shelly's radiant beauty--or her hip wardrobe. In any case, she made Shelly's day... and her blog! Enjoy!
Ha! Funny!
I got mistaken for Tracy's daughter once; I thought she was going to burst.
This is too funny! I know how good it feels though. One day when Randy had just come home from his mission, we went to the temple together. When we got into the session we were asked to be the witness couple. They mistook us to be a couple rather than mother and son. WE have laughed about it over the years and of course it made my day!
It reminded me of how offended you were when people asked if I was your sister back in the day! Aren't you glad I'm so old and you're so young?? ;-) Mom
Post a Comment